We aim to keep our practice clean and tidy and offer a safe environment to our patients and staff. We are proud of our modern purpose built Medical Centre and endeavour to make sure it is kept clean and well maintained at all times.
If you have any concerns about cleanliness or infection control please report them at your earliest opportunity to the reception team in the first instance.
Our GPs and nursing staff follow our infection control policy to ensure the care we deliver and the equipment used, is safe.
We take additional measures to ensure we maintain the highest standards:
- Encourage staff and patients to raise any issues or report and incidents relating to cleanliness and infection control. We can discuss these and identify improvements we can make to avoid any future problems.
- Carry out an annual infection control audit to make sure our infection control procedures are working.
- Provide annual staff updates and training on cleanliness and infection control.
- Review our policies and procedures to make sure they are adequate and meet national guidance.
- Maintain the premises and equipment to a high standard within the available financial resources and ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to remove or reduce all infection risk.
- Use washable or disposable materials for items such as couch rolls, modesty curtains, floor coverings, towels etc. and ensure that these are laundered, cleaned or changed frequently to minimise risk of infection.
- Make Alcohol Hand Rub Gel available throughout the building.
In the past year there have been no significant events that related to infection control.
An annual infection control audit has been undertaken at the practice and recommendations that were financially feasible have been implemented.
The cleaning staff work to structured cleaning schedules and the daily cleaning of the Medical Centre is contracted to a company who follow national NHS guidance.
Infection Control Policy
The Infection Policy is reviewed and updated annually if appropriate and updated on an ongoing basis as national guidance changes.
Infection Control and Decontamination Named Leads
The named Infection Control and Decontamination leads for the surgery are Dr Rodrigues and Dr Hai. Please address and concerns you have about this matter in writing for their attention unless the issue is urgent in which case please draw the urgent issue to the attention of the reception staff verbally in the first instance. All infection control and decontamination issues are dealt with as a matter of priority.